Children’s Ministry Team
Sue Blackman (Committee Chair)
Children’s Ministry Mission Statement:
… To spiritually equip children to develop personal relationships with Jesus by inspiring young faith and presenting the gospel in understandable terms.
Children’s Ministry Committee Purpose:
…To serves as the think tank for innovative Children’s Ministry Programming that fosters spiritual development in both children and their parents.
Commitment of the Children’s Ministry Committee Members:
- To subscribe to the Children’s Ministry Mission Statement above
- To contribute to out-of-the-box brainstorming to grow and develop the ministry
- To partner with committee members to plan and execute various special events as available. Such events include: VBS, Advent Workshop, Children’s Ministry Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast, Sunday School Leader Training Luncheon, Fundraiser for Camp Chippewa Scholarships, Christmas Pageant, etc.
- Serve during special events as available, at least one per year
- Consistently speak highly of the Children’s Ministry at FIRST UMC
- Pray for the Children’s Ministry: it’s leadership, growth and progress
- Attend monthly meetings.
- Make life choices that are consistent with your commitment to honor God and follow Christ as your example.